After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Busy Saturday

Very full day trying to get stuff ready/together for my dad's visit tomorrow.
(The first time I've seen him in over a year)

Amount of sleep: 6ish hours.

Diet:
- Brunch: nutella on bread, 1.5 cups water
- Lunch: half salami sandwich, two ghirardelli squares, 1.5 cups water
- Dinner: as of right now...grilled beef kabobs (first of the season!) and garlic/herb pasta. 2 ghirardelli squares for dessert. 1 cup gingerale
- Snack 1: 2 cups popped popcorn, 1.5 cups dr. pepper
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
- laundry
- errands (picking up stuff for dad's visit tomorrow)
- tried to get the mower going (long story...involving me, the mower, and a car battery charger...)

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: headache/migraine, exhaustion, muscle weakness, nausea, stomach death (lower), nightmares, slight anxiety (probably over tomorrow), light headed, dizzy, heart pounding, cold extremities

Misc:
- have to get back to recording my BP.

No comments:

Post a Comment