After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, April 18, 2011

Dreary Monday


Today's been a down-right awful day. I've tried holding my own for almost a week, but I finally cracked. I found out someone I love received good news on the phone, and I bawled my eyes out because I'm so unhappy that I can't even feel glad for them.
(Although I am- they deserve it!)
It's just gotten to be too much piling on all at once, and I'm falling apart.

Amount of sleep: about 6 hours

Heart rate a.m. :
laying down: 87/46 HR:56
standing: 93/69 HR: 88
symptom: 94/58 HR:79 arrhythmia
88/67 HR:71
81/52 HR:95

Diet:
- Breakfast: chocolate banana muffins, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: pasta with olives and italian dressing, 1 cup water, 1 cup ginger ale
- Dinner: sesame chicken and noodles, 2 cups water
- Snack 1: handful hershey eggs, 2.5 cups water
- Snack 2: nutella bread, 2 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- 20 minutes easy pilates

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: nausea, stomach upset, cold extremities, exhaustion, depression, numbness

Heart rate p.m. :
forgot to do this because I fell asleep on the couch.

Misc:
- o.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment