After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Start with sunshine, end with a Tornado?

In a surprise turn of events, today it's 80 degrees and sunny!
Although later we're supposed to get some wild thunderstorms- I sure hope so!
As of right now, we have a tornado watch too- so excited!

I've taken the dogs for a walk because they're stir crazy after all of our constant rain.
(I would play with them in the backyard but it's still completely under water)
It feels good to release some of our cabin fever.
*****
Called the cardiologist back, I figure any cardiologist I go to will want the same tests that this guy does, so why not just have the stress test done anyways?
I'm having my stress test and echo on May 17th.
I also have to go back for another round of ridiculous bloodwork. Seriously?
18 vials wasn't enough?
Way to ruin my relatively decent day.

Amount of sleep: about six hours, and not very restful.

Diet:
- Breakfast: nutella on bread, 2ish cups water
- Lunch: pizza rolls, 1.5 cups dr. pepper (I will regret this later, but it was worth it for now- I haven't had them in ages!)
- Dinner: hashbrown casserole, bacon, 1+ cups cranberry juice
- Snack 1: couple hershey eggs. 1.5 cups water
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
- a walk with each of my dogs
- cleaned out and refilled the birdfeeders (so they can eat during the next round of storms)
- started draining off the top of the pool; the backyard's already a swamp, might as well get that taken care of
- cleaned up after the dogs...was much needed after being unable to for almost a week. Again, may as well do it before the next storm hits

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: erratic heartbeat, nausea, headaches, visual disturbances, depression (later in the day)

Misc:
- cold sensation on half of my body, very odd...has happened before as the result of a pinched nerve

No comments:

Post a Comment