After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, April 22, 2011

(Good) Good Friday

Well, it's Good Friday and that means avoiding meat (for those who subscribe to religious practices- I don't, but I'm always up for salmon anyways!) and coloring Easter eggs.
So today that's exactly what we did!
For the most part, I felt better today than I have, but that could have been because of my surprise visitor :)

Amount of sleep:
about 6 hours...with a surprise visit this morning :)

Diet:
- Breakfast: chocolate banana muffin, 1.5 cups milk
- Lunch: pasta roni, hershey bunny 2.5 cups water
- Dinner: salmon, potatoes, 1.5 cups ginger ale
- Snack 1: chocolate cupcake, 2 cups water
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
- house cleaning
- grocery store and various other fun with my surprise visitor!

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: nausea, stomach upset, cold extremities, pounding heart,arrhythmia, headache

Heart rate p.m. :
I keep forgetting to do this. Must work on it.

Misc:
awful abdomen pain again (same one I've been dealing with since my surgery)...way worse than it's been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment