After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bleak Tuesday

After a night of really rough sleep, I'm up and trying to get into fighting shape.
My arrhythmia is out of control this morning, and my BP is really low so I'm kind of concerned about doing too much today...so we'll see what happens.

Amount of sleep: about 7 hours, quite a few dreams...sweating and nausea

Heart rate a.m. :
symptom: 95/48 HR:77 arrhythmia
79/57 HR:86 arr
90/50 H:73 arr
79/28 HR:136 ---holy hell. something I definitely have to talk to the doctor about.
87/59 HR:111
103/69 HR: 76
92/56 HR: 73

Diet:
- Breakfast: two chocolate banana muffins, 2.5 cups water
- Dinner: steak, potatoes and mushrooms, 2 cups dr. pepper
- Snack 1: pretzels, gatorade 1 cup
- Snack 2: nutella bread, 2 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- tried yoga; not possible.

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:

so far: arrhythmia, pounding heart, migraine, dizziness

Heart rate p.m. :
laying down:
standing:

Misc:
- o.b.

After my huge BP drop, I'm back to bawling my eyes out.
I'm scared.
I'm scared of being home alone.
I'm afraid my heart will give out.
I'm angry that I'm in my twenties and have to worry about this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment