After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Celebratory Thursday

Still trying to recover from yesterday's test. I'm disheartened by the toll it takes on my body, but there's nothing I can do about it but try to press on.
I have a birthday party today, so I made cupcakes to help celebrate.

Here they are...aren't they adorable?



Amount of sleep: about 6 hours...a lot of dreams/nightmares

Heart rate a.m. :
laying down: 91/53 HR:60
standing: 83/66 HR:101
symptom: 88/52 HR:60 arrhythmia
93/57 HR:77
111/64 HR: 81
101/68 HR:94
93/67 HR:91 arrhythmia

Diet:
- Breakfast: two chocolate banana muffins, 1.5 cups water
- Lunch: macaroni and cheese, half cup ginger ale
- Dinner: beef on weck with fries and dr. pepper (which I'm grateful for because it really helped my migraine)
- Snack 1: hershey bunny, 3 cups water
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
- nothing strenuous, only cupcake baking....two rounds because I forgot the chocolate chips in the first batch and, seeing as chocolate-chocolate chip cupcakes were specifically requested, I had to make a new batch.

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: nausea, stomach upset, cold extremities, pounding heart, migraine, trembles

Heart rate p.m. :
laying down:
standing up:

Misc:

No comments:

Post a Comment