After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Snowy (?!?!) Sunday

It's an ugly slushy day here, so we're trapped inside.
I'm beyond exhausted from a very rough night of sleeping, so I'm hoping to just chill out and try to plan my week.

Amount of sleep: about 8 hours. Not very restful because of a few nightmares

Heart rate a.m. :
was up too late to take this reading
afternoon: 95/54HR:65
symptom: 91/51 HR:75 arrhythmia

Diet:
- Brunch: two chocolate banana muffins, 2.5 cups water
- Dinner: roast chicken, mac and cheese, 2 cups dr. pepper
- Snack 1: handful hershey eggs, 2 cups water
- Snack 2: nutella bread, 2.5 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- cleaned up after the dogs
- took out the garbage

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: arrhythmia, pounding heart, difficulty breathing, cold extremities, exhaustion

Heart rate p.m. :
95/62 arrhythmia

Misc:
- o.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment