After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, April 4, 2011

Ever onward

I've been away from this for a long time. Mostly because trying to get back on my feet after my surgery has been a longer process than I thought. The recurrent pains in my abdomen and groin aren't normal and my doctor feels there's nothing he can do about it, so I'm going back to the surgeon in less than two weeks.

In the meantime I've been doing a lot of debating in how I can make the best use of this blog. I think for now I'll add these things to my posts:

Amount of sleep:

Diet:


Heart rate a.m. :

laying down:
standing:

Exercise/activities:


P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:


Heart rate p.m. :
laying down:
standing:

Misc/Life Stuff:


I'll be taking my blood pressure for the cardiologist twice a day (as you can see) and I'll start recording it when the monitor I've ordered comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment