After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gloomy Sunday

Amount of sleep:
~7 hours. not restful though with lots of dreams


Heart rate a.m. :
laying down: 83/55 HR:78
standing: 71/55 HR:114
(after one minute: 98/54 HR:104)

Diet:
- Breakfast: two waffles with butter, fruit, 1.5 cups cranberry juice
- Lunch: potato pancakes with cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon bits and scallions, 2.5 cups water
- Dinner: turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing, glass of dr. pepper
- Snack 1: handful hershey eggs, 1 cup water
- Snack 2: two mini monkey breads, about 3.5 cups water

Exercise/activities:

- gave the dogs a bath

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:

so far: cold extremities, pounding heart, short of breath, aches, light headed, headache, low level anxiety.

Heart rate p.m. : totally forgot. have to get better at this.

Misc:
completely sidelined today with, what I can only hope is, an ovarian cyst

No comments:

Post a Comment