After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7th

Amount of sleep:
~ 6 hours in two 3 hour spurts. (I had to take my mom to the airport at 5)


Diet:

- Lunch: big bowl of beef stew (beef, baby corn, mushrooms, potatoes), glass of Dr. Pepper
- Snack 1: sour cream and cheddar chips, 3 cups water
- Dinner: steak hamburger patty, mac and cheese, glass dr. pepper
- Snack 2: hershey eggs, 3 cups water
- More water (3 more cups)

Exercise/activities:

- short walks with both of my dogs (~30minutes total)
- weeded/raked the backyard gardens (60+ minutes)
- planted some saplings












P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:

so far: nausea, heartburn, stomach upset (upper and lower), blood pooling, cold extremities, disorientation

No comments:

Post a Comment