After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hypovolemia Thursday

Yesterday I started feeling really awful after having my blood drawn, and last night I got horribly sick. I'm not sure if it was hypovolemic shock (possible because I'm so thin and have POTS) or if it was just a really bad POTS attack. Either way, I was sicker than I've been in well over a year.

I cancelled my test for gastroparesis because I just feel too awful.

I'm spending the day doing almost nothing.



Amount of sleep:

about 4.5 hours


Heart rate a.m. :
laying down: 93/55 HR 73
standing: 79/61 HR: 116
symptom attack: 86/61 HR:82
89/57 HR:93
109/70 HR:93
78/49 HR: 82
99/64 HR: 69
95/68 HR:90

Diet:
- Lunch: steak, potatoes, small glass dr. pepper.
- Dinner: turkey burger on a bun, sauteed mushrooms and green beans, small glass dr. pepper
- Snack 1: 2 cups water
- Snack 2: 2 more cups water

Exercise/activities:

- rescued a bird from our flue

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:

so far: nausea, pain, diarrhea, shaking, lightheaded, weak, heart pounding, depression

Heart rate p.m. :
laying down: 93/50 HR: 61
standing: 84/59 HR:77

Misc:
- O.B
.
- terrible OCD day.

No comments:

Post a Comment