After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

G.E.T. Wednesday

Today was my Gastric Emptying Test to check for Gastroparesis.

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't so bad.
I went there, and had to eat a cup of oatmeal laced with radioactive material. Then I had to lay down inside a weird CT scan machine (very tight fit) and had to lay there and be scanned continuously for two hours.

Thankfully, the tech was very nice and helped me change my cds; I'd brought some old radio broadcast murder mysteries (!) so I was (relatively) entertained for the whole two hours.
The results should come back in 3-4 days.
Right now, I'm exhausted.

Amount of sleep: about 6 hours, broken up often by thunder and lightning and getting up early to eat something before my fast.

Heart rate a.m. :
off because of testing

Diet:
- Breakfast: n/a
- Lunch: n/a
- Dinner: turkey pot pie, mushrooms, corn, potatoes, green beans
- Snack 1: cheddar rice cakes, gatorade 2.5 cups
- Snack 2: nutella bread, 2.5 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- n/a

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:

impossible to tell because my eating schedule is thrown off.

Heart rate p.m. :
sitting: 92/64 HR: 78

Misc:
- o.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment