After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Soggy Sunday

Important News Break: Osama Bin Laden is dead and the U.S. has his body!

Full day...lots of work with dad, running errands, and misc other stuff.
A little pissed off because my insurance company screwed up my meds and when I can get them...so I'm out of Florinef; something you can't just stop taking.
And, of course, no one's there to talk to on the weekend.
Tomorrow's going to be an ugly day symptom wise.

Not looking forward to seeing what my withdrawal's like, hopefully nothing really bad will happen seeing as you're supposed to take things like Florinef religiously- no skipping a dose, and no stopping cold-turkey.
Ugh.

On the plus side, my visit with my dad went better than expected.

Amount of sleep: 6ish hours.

Diet:
- Breakfast: fruit
- Dinner: salmon filet, green beans, rice, monkey bread 2.5 cups water
- Snack 1: 3 cups gatorade
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
- fixed/put up fencing (sections blew down during the storm)
- errands (picking up stuff for fixing the fence)
- helped fix/install new sink parts
- grocery shopping

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: headache/migraine, exhaustion, slight anxiety, light headed, cold extremities

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment