After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Festivity Sunday

picture sent to me by a fellow Postcrosser (it's their dog) on Postcrossing

Today's the day we're going to celebrate my boyfriend's new job.
I offered to make him anything he wants for dinner and he asked for beef stew and chocolate cake so that's just what we're going to have.
(Although he wants extra gross stuff that I'll put in his bowl only)

My mood today is not great. I had a huge breakdown last night.
Plus, I'm getting really upset about some stuff going on lately.

********

Amount of sleep: Handful of hours. Lots of bad dreams, very upsetting.

BP/Heart Rate (am):
Laying: 91/57 HR: 65
Standing: 70/55 HR: 123


Diet:
- Breakfast: rice krispies with lactaid (1 cup), chocolate milk (1 cup lactaid + syrup)
- Lunch: n/a
- Dinner: homemade beef stew with potatoes, mushrooms, and beef. 2 cups water
- Snack 1: nutella on bread, 3 cups water
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
-

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: inability to breathe, cold extremities, headache, arrhythmia, weakness, fatigue, nausea, memory loss

BP/Heart Rate (pm):
Laying:85/55 HR: 77 arrhythmia
Standing:
95/60 HR:106
84/52 HR:64 arrhythmia

Misc:

No comments:

Post a Comment