After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sodden Saturday

The rain is finally here...


Bad weather+ insomnia= really crappy feeling POTS patient.
******
You know what? I'm in a bad mood today.
I'm sick to death of people, I'm sick of being overlooked.
I'm sick of dealing with this, I'm sick of being sick.
I'm tired of trying to be a ray of f-ing sunshine when the fact is that I hate my life and all the bullshit that goes with it.
I'm not depressed, I'm pissed off.

Amount of sleep: practically nothing. horrible insomnia-which is the worst.

BP/Heart Rate (am):

Laying: 82/42 HR:59
Standing: 78/53 HR:129 arrhythmia

Diet:
- Breakfast: bowl of rice krispies with (about one cup) lactaid, 1 cup water
- Lunch: n/a (been feeling horribly nauseous all day)
- Dinner: steakette with oven roasted potatoes 1.5 cups ginger ale
- Snack 1: 2 cups water
- Snack 2: tiramisu cup, 3 cups water


Exercise/activities:
- Took both dogs on a walk (separately) during a break from the rain. It took a lot of pushing on my part because I feel incredibly sick today, but I'm glad I did it.

Small blessing, and my reward from the universe for pushing myself to go for a walk:
Lilacs starting to bloom



P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: lightheaded, arrhythmia, tight chest, difficulty breathing, aches, cold extremities, nausea
, depression, rage

BP/Heart Rate (pm):
Laying: 89/53 HR: 65
Standing: 93/58 HR:93


Misc:
- continuing groin pain, not as bad

No comments:

Post a Comment