After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Covert Ops Thursday

Somehow, I am absolutely exhausted today...probably because of the weather.
Yesterday was gorgeous and sunny all day, then storming overnight, and now it's back to nice out...but, you guessed it, later it will be storming again.
This time, the rain will continue for a few days into the weekend.

My sister and I ran a few errands, and then went into covert ops mode and drove out to my boyfriend's house to mulch our (his and my) garden while he and his roommate are at work.
I wonder how long it will take them to notice...
If they even notice (lol)


Amount of sleep:
about eight hours...yet, somehow, I'm still exhausted.

Diet:
- Breakfast: Luna protein bar, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: n/a...was home too late and didn't want to spoil my dinner
- Dinner:
- Snack 1: couple of chips with home made mexican dip, 4 cups gatorade
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
-ran errands

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: pounding heart, headache, upset stomach (lower), difficulty breathing, arrhythmia, cold extremities, heat intolerance, aches

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment