After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stress Echo Tuesday

Yep, you guessed it...still raining. This was our 21ft pool two days ago about to over flow.
It's at the same level now and I've been draining it as it's been raining for two days.
We've had that much rain. I'd estimate it at around 4.5 inches by now.

******

I'm home and feeling iffy but I made it through my tests.
More to come later.
After some rest.
(Maybe)

Amount of sleep: six hours?

BP/Heart Rate (am):
n/a stress test and echo

Diet:
- Breakfast: n/a
- Lunch: pasta with olives, salami and italian dressing, 2 cups dr. pepper
- Dinner: chicken, mushrooms, baked potato, brownie for dessert, 3 cups water
- Snack 1: kit kat, 2 cups water
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- testing at the cardiologist

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: inability to breathe, cold extremities, headache/ migraine, weakness, fatigue, chest pain, dizziness, light headed, arrhythmia etc.

BP/Heart Rate (pm):
Laying:

Standing:

Misc:
- o.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment