After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, May 16, 2011

Swollen Monday

Guess what- it's still raining!
I'm feeling awful. Although, it may not be entirely POTS related.
I have a headache, swollen tonsils with a big ol' white spot on one of them.
I'll ask the cardiologist about it tomorrow when I go for my stress test. (He's a GP too)

For whatever reason, every month, for the last six months or so, I've gotten a big white spot on one of my tonsils. It normally goes away after a couple of days, and sometimes they can be caused by allergies; but this time I actually feel sick- like I have a cold or something.

Hopefully, it's not tonsillitis; which is something that I've been concerned about.
I've had strep/tonsillitis a *lot* in my life, and they told me if I continued to get it they would have to take my tonsils out, and I cannot have another surgery right now.

Amount of sleep: four hours

BP/Heart Rate (am):
Symptom: 91/43 HR:158
arrhythmia (this is from walking up the stairs. yikes.)

Diet:
- Breakfast: nutella on bread, 3 cups water
- Lunch: mac and cheese, hamburger patty, 2 cups dr. pepper
- Dinner: pasta with olives and italian dressing, 2 cups water
- Snack 1: small brownie
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- ran a few errands

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: inability to breathe, cold extremities, headache/ migraine, arrhythmia, weakness, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, pounding heart, aches, chills

BP/Heart Rate (pm):
Laying:

Standing:

Misc:
- pain in groin again. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment