After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sniffly Thursday

Had my bloodwork this morning...what a pain.
They wouldn't remove any of the tests even though I just had them done because they
"can't go by patient history"
So I had another seven vials drawn, and have to go back for another one later (p.m. cortisol)
This time it was so bad that the arm they were taking the blood from actually turned purple!

****
Just had my last vial drawn, and let me tell you, I've never been so glad to see only one vial on the table in my life.

I've managed to make it through this day better than I had thought- and at least better than after my last big blood draw but I do have a cold. I'm fighting it with all that I have, and am probably (hopefully) going to call it an early night.

Amount of sleep: not much. five "hours" of sleep. Very fractured

Diet:
- Brunch: salt bagel with plain cream cheese, 1.5 cups cranberry juice
- Dinner: chicken strips, green beans, leftover roasted potatoes, brownie, 1.5 cups dr. pepper
- Snack 1: crackers, 2ish cups water, 1/2 cup Hi-C
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
- ran errands
- cleaned up after the dogs

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
pounding heart, arrhythmia
symptoms hard to distinguish whether it's from POTS or from a chest cold: weakness, exhaustion

Misc:
- massive lump in my eye out of nowhere. I haven't worn makeup in a week and haven't gotten anything in my eye. Could be a sty coming with my cold though. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment