After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, May 2, 2011

Sucky Monday

Feeling just awful.
Turns out, you can have a heart attack by just stopping this drug.
Thankfully, my doctor's office called in an 'emergency' refill for my prescription, so I should only miss today's meds.
*****
It turned into an epic battle with the insurance company. They won't approve another refill of meds because mine are already in the mail; even though there's a two week gap between when my meds run out and when my new ones come.
(Switching to mail saves me some money, but has been a pain in the ass seeing as they just switched it this month and didn't account for the gap.)
Hopefully, this will be the only problem.
******
My next round of bloodwork was supposed to be tomorrow, but I changed it to Friday so I can get my meds back in my system, and have an accurate round of bloodwork.

Amount of sleep: 8ish hours.

Diet:
- Breakfast: three mini monkey bread cups, 2 cups water
- Lunch: leftover salmon, pretzels, 2 cups ginger ale
- Dinner: roasted chicken, pasta, 1 cup dr. pepper
- Snack 1: handful crackers, 1/2 cup dr. pepper (to up my blood pressure)
- Snack 2: two ghirardelli squares, 2 cups water

Exercise/activities:
-

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: light headed, cold extremities, extreme weakness, nausea, headache

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment