After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday's Trembles

Trying to get back into the swing of things.
Once again, feeling awful...trembling so bad I can barely move.
Didn't get up until almost noon, or eat until then..and didn't even shower until just now (6pm)

Amount of sleep: 9 crappy hours. (Sounds whiny....but it was a very poor nights sleep)

Diet:
- Breakfast: two hawaiian delights baby food- don't judge me, it's just pureed fruit and delicious, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: leftover beef kabob, 1.5 cups dr. pepper
- Dinner: roasted chicken and potatoes
- Snack 1: two wintergreen patties, 1 cup water
- Snack 2:

Exercise/activities:
-

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: light headed, cold extremities, extreme weakness, nausea, headache, trembling (so bad I can barely walk), sweating, aches, brain fog

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment