After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, May 6, 2011

Frantic Friday

What a day.

First, I woke up in terror/tears/anguish several times this morning. Horrible nightmares that I haven't had in a long time. This is the second night in a row where I've had nightmares like this. I'm literally afraid to go to bed at all tonight.

Second, I went to see my boyfriend, and his new place in the afternoon.
He's had an awful cold, so I took him some chicken and Italian pasta to make for dinner
(I couldn't stay)
I also brought him a good movie (that we both love), a furry friend to watch over him, and a brownie. :)
As far as the place goes: It's nice and a definite step up from his last one.
He really likes it, and that's the best part.

Third, after I got home, what an awful health day.
After dinner, I honestly thought I was having a heart attack.
My heart dropped out of my chest and stopped beating for a second or two, and I freaked.
Afterward, I felt really weird. Lightheaded, nauseous, brain foggy...just weird.
I feel somewhat better now, and I would love to sleep (if I wasn't afraid to!)

I really wish my cardiology appointment was sooner though.
worried :(

Amount of sleep: let's not discuss it. horrible, gut wrenching nightmares all night.

Diet:
- Breakfast: two brownies, 1.5 cups water. (literally the only thing to eat in the house)
- Lunch: (totally forgot about this)
- Dinner: steak, cheesy potatoes, 1.5 cups lemonade
- Snack 1: crackers, 1 cup dr. pepper
- Snack 2:
brownie, 2.5 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- laundry
- cleaned up after the dogs
- house cleaning

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
pounding heart, arrhythmia, headache, nausea, sick (lower), achey, cold extremities, light headed, chest pain

Misc:
- still have the weird lump in my eye, wtf lol

No comments:

Post a Comment