After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, May 13, 2011

Stifling Friday

Rain still on the way; although it hasn't come yet.
It's 85, muggy and oppressive and my heat intolerance won't let me be outside for more than five or ten minutes. I can't breathe and desperately need it to rain.
Which, hopefully, will finally happen tonight.
(Putting the a/c on would definitely help, but I'm not wasting the money/energy putting it on for ONE day, when it's supposed to be a more comfortable 70 degrees tomorrow)

I've tried to make the most of it by getting all the indoor housework done (laundry/cleaning) especially because we could get a few inches of rain in the oncoming week, which puts doing laundry off-limits.

Amount of sleep: on and off 7 hours. nightmares, and constant sleep disturbances.

Diet:
- Breakfast: Nutella on bread, 2 cups water
- Lunch: pasta with olives and italian dressing, 4 cups water
- Dinner: mcdonalds hamburger and fries happy meal...fantastic source of salt and calories-both of which I need. 3 cups water.
- Snack 1: handful hershey eggs about 4 cups of water
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- workout
- house cleaning
- laundry

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: heat intolerance, light headed, headache, irritability, swollen hands/feet, visual disturbances, chest pain, inability to breathe, *horrible heartburn*.

BP/Heart Rate (pm):
Laying: 95/56 HR: 68 arrhythmia
Standing: 84/54 HR: 105


Misc:
- severe groin pain (same one from my appendectomy. three more weeks until this is considered 'serious')

No comments:

Post a Comment