After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Overall, a decent day.
Mom like her present from us and the weather was gorgeous.
I have severe problems with heat though, so staying outside for any length of time made me pretty sick. Have to remind the doctor of this.

Happy Mother's Day to all the past, present and future moms of the world.


Amount of sleep: about 7 hours, nightmares like usual

Diet:
- Brunch: pancakes with sour cream and strawberries, 2 cups water
- Dinner: chicken kabobs with onions and peppers, pasta with italian dressing and olives, 2 cups dr. pepper
- Snack 1: handful hershey candies, 4 cups water
- Snack 2:
nutella on bread, 2.5 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- playing with the dogs

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
pounding heart, arrhythmia, headache, nausea, achey, cold extremities, chest pain, extreme heat intolerance, stomach death (lower), light headed

Misc:
I have a feeling I'm allergic to something I ate yesterday as I got sick today much worse than in recent history.

No comments:

Post a Comment