After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Striking Saturday (pun intended)

Gorgeous miniature lilac bush that my mom bought. Smells heavenly but has teeny, tiny white flowers.
Plus, I get such a kick out of Sassy being a creeper.

Although it started with rain, today actually turned out to be a nice day here.

I wasn't feeling well all morning, and my mom decided she had the urge to go bowling *immediately* and wasn't taking 'I don't feel well' for an answer.
So...off we went.
To be honest, I like to bowl, I just wasn't in the mood for it.
(Who would be with their heart beating out of their chest and crazy nausea?)
For not having bowled in over a year, I didn't do
too badly. My last two games were over 100 and (out of the three of us) I won the last round.

Afterward, I had a celebratory mocha frappaccino.
(Which will make me sick tomorrow, but was worth it for today.)


It was a decent way to spend the afternoon and it felt good to do something *normal* people get to do anytime they please.
Although now I'm in serious pain and neck deep in exhaustion
.


Amount of sleep:
seven hours ish but not very restful. looking forward to going back to bed.

Diet:
- Breakfast: nutella on bread, 2 cups water
- Lunch: n/a was out bowling
- Dinner: homemade veggie pizza (a recipe from a postcrosser!)
I made mine with mushrooms, onions and (red and yellow) peppers- and I don't even like peppers!
- Snack 1: small mocha frappaccino
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
-bowling

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: pounding heart, headache, upset stomach (lower), arrhythmia, cold extremities, heat intolerance, aches, dizziness

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment