After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

(Almost) Rock Bottom Wednesday

I'm slowly recovering from yesterday.
I'll get around to talking about it eventually, but I'm just not ready to at the moment.
I'm okay though, honest.

The last few days have been extremely difficult, and today I feel like I've hit rock bottom.
Or at least are so close to rock bottom that I can see it.
For many reasons, some that are far too personal to share.

One that I will share, because it's relevant to POTS and this blog, is that, as of this moment,
I have just enough money to pay my credit card bill this month and then that's it. I'm broke.
It's looking like I will have to stop treatment, testing, and everything else.
I'm heart broken.
...and completely at a loss as to what to do now.

Amount of sleep: 5.5 hours. Woke up gasping for air this morning, not a great sign.

BP/Heart Rate (am):
n/a because of the heart monitor

Diet:
- Breakfast: clif bar, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: hamburger on roll (home cooked), baby ice cream cone. 2 cups water (to be honest, I had the ice cream first because I was out and in the mood)
- Dinner: leftover beef stew, 2 cups water
- Snack 1: 2 cups dr. pepper
- Snack 2:
snack bag of m&ms, 2.5 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- took both of the dogs for a walk, ran a few errands, took heart monitor back


P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: inability to breathe, headache/migraine, weakness, fatigue, chest pain, dizziness, light headed, arrhythmia, sleep apnea
, heartburn

BP/Heart Rate (pm):
Laying:

Standing:

Misc:
- o.b.

No comments:

Post a Comment