After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, May 12, 2011

When Thursdays Attack


Bad weather is rolling in, and I can feel it coming.
Sweats, aches, gasping for air.
The worst part is knowing the rain's coming, knowing how I'm going to feel for the next week while it's here, and not being able to do a damn thing about it.

I had a huge attack today, at an inopportune time, and I feel beyond miserable.

I don't want to do this anymore.
I just want to break down and cry.

Amount of sleep:
on and off 7 hours. nightmares, and constant sleep disturbances.

Diet:
- Breakfast: strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar, apple slices with cinnamon and splenda, 2 cups water
- Lunch: mac and cheese with 1 cup ginger ale, 1 cup water
- Dinner: baked chicken with sauteed mushrooms, pasta with italian dressing and green olive, 2 cups water
- Snack 1: handful hershey eggs, 2 cups water
- Snack 2:
2 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- workout

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: heat intolerance, light headed, headache, irritability, cold extremities

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment