After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sizzling Sunday

This morning it is already a toasty 80 degrees- I almost passed out just getting the paper...later and tomorrow are supposed to be even hotter. ugh.
(Don't get me wrong, I like it sunny and warm...but I would like to be able to enjoy it)

*****
Some days, it's really getting to be too much to deal with my mom.
First, she gets on my case about not starting my new meds yet. What part of "I can't afford to get them just yet" doesn't she get?
I also haven't started them because I don't know how it'll make me feel, so I want to hold off until the weekends over and there isn't so much pressure on me to do things.

Second, she just doesn't get how I don't feel well and how bone-deep it goes.

Today, we had to do a full-day gardening marathon in the heat and humidity.
Now, I ache in a way that means I won't recover for days.
On the plus side, we bought a new grill. Just in time for summer- perfect!


Amount of sleep:
about eight hours...still exhausted. (will I ever feel well rested?)

BP a.m.:
standing: 74/60 HR: 121
laying down: 83/45 HR: 62

Diet:
- Breakfast: nutella on bread, 2 cups water
- Lunch: none...too busy gardening. I have to get better at this.
- Dinner: bakes chicken, onions, green beans, mushrooms and applesauce. 1 cup dr. pepper
- Snack 1: 3 cups water
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- 7 straight hours of gardening.

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: pounding heart, headache, difficulty breathing, arrhythmia, cold extremities, heat intolerance, nausea, shakes

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment