After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

(Mostly) Satisfying Saturday

Positives:
- Got the plants for mom's Mother's Day present.
- Had a delicious, summery lunch
- Got all of our donation trees planted
-Was a beautiful day outside.
- My boyfriend sounds/feels better

Negatives:
- After lunch, I started to feel horribly sick. (Probably from all of the activity of the day)
I still haven't been able to eat anything.
- I've caught my boyfriend's wretched cold
- Minor irritations with people/relationships (outside of boyfriend) in my life

Amount of sleep: about 5 hours, horrible insomnia

Diet:
- Breakfast: one brownie, 1.5 cups water. (again, literally the only thing to eat in the house)
- Lunch: chiavetta's chicken and baked potato, lime fizz. (yum. although I think there's something in it that upsets my stomach because I couldn't even entertain the thought of dinner)
- Dinner: n/a
- Snack 1: snack pack of pretzels, 1.5 cups strawberry lemonade (not very good)
- Snack 2:
2 cups water

Exercise/activities:
- errands (nursery and bbq place)
- lots of planting
- playing with the dogs

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
pounding heart, arrhythmia, headache, nausea, achey, cold extremities, chest pain, brain fog, mood swings, weakness, slight anxiety, depression

Misc:

No comments:

Post a Comment