After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Out with the old; in with the new.


Yesterday the receptionist at the 'new cardiologist's office called me and said that she found someone else in their group that would take me on as a patient. He's just joining the group in July and I'm seeing him on his first day July 19th. I'm anxious to see how it will go.I'm not exactly comforted by the fact that he's new, so I'm going to try and do some research on him to see what his history is like.
(I'm extremely irritated that none of the original participants in the group would take me, but whatever.)

All I can say is that he better have an idea of what POTS is and what I'm talking about or I'm going to be very upset.

I did call The Jerk's office to cancel my follow up with him. I told the woman I wasn't sure if I was ever coming back based on his treatment. I felt bad doing it because his employees are very nice people; but his attitude and treatment weren't something I was going to tolerate any longer. Plus, his care wasn't helping me any. So that's that.


I wish I could say it was a relief, but right now it's too soon to tell.
If this new guy works out, then I'll be relieved; but for now I'm still just stressed about finding someone new who has knowledge about POTS.

Tomorrow, I'll be going to my GP's office to pick up my copy of my records and then I'll spend the rest of the day calling to get a free consultation or two from a lawyer.
***

I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment