After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Under the Weather"

Up until I started getting sick, and my POTS progressed to where it is now, I never put much stock in the phrase "under the weather".

Now, it's a completely different story. It's interesting to me how big of a role the weather plays in how I feel and how I function. It's funny how some days I honestly am "under the weather" (or at least majorly impacted by it.)

Today, for example, it's hot and unbearably muggy. You can't even breathe when you walk outside.
A 'normal' person would find this to be annoying and a minor inconvenience.

For me, the pressure is physically painful.
I can feel is weighing on my limbs and my chest to the point where standing up makes my heart race and ache.

(You know it's bad when my sister looks at me and goes "Wow, you really don't feel well today do you? You can tell")

It's supposed to start raining and storming tonight, which will last all week long. Looks like I'll be "under the weather" for a while :/
***
On a separate note, the cardiologist's office called me back. Her (the office manager's) exact words were that he thought my purple hand was a neurological issue so he wrote it off; but now that he neurologist says it's cardiac-related, he wants me to come in for another visit.

My thought: When Hell freezes over.

After my last appointment, and everything since that, you have the gall to think I'll come back? You must be out of your mind!

I said I would call back if I wanted to make an appointment. Which was partially a lie.
I will call back, but that will be to end my association with this doctor once I have a new cardiologist and for nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment