After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yuck.

I've been up since 7am because my POTS has been so bad. It's been a long time since I've woken up in the middle of the night gasping for air, but that's what happened this morning.
My chest hurts, my heart's pounding and I can't breathe.
I'm not pleased.

Amount of sleep:
about 6 hours with weird dreams.

Diet:
- Breakfast: slice of bread with nutella, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: mini potato pancakes with shredded cheese, sour cream and 'facon', half an apple, 1 cup iced mocha
- Dinner: n/a (was feeling too sick)
- Snack 1: few slices cinnamon bread, 2.5 cups water
- Snack 2: 2.5 cups water


Exercise/activities:
-

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: headache, cold extremities, exhaustion, dizziness, heat intolerance, arrhythmia, pounding heart, chest pain, depression, nausea

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment