After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Saturday, August 13, 2011

tired

Absolutely exhausted today because I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning so I could catch the meteor shower. While I know it's going to aggravate my symptoms, it was well worth it. Besides, there are big storms moving in and that's already wreaking a bit of havoc with my POTS, so it's no extra harm done!

Amount of sleep:
about 5 hours. Stayed up late to watch the meteor shower

Diet:
- Breakfast: large bowl rice krispies with lactaid, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: potato pancakes with sour cream, cheddar cheese and 'bacon', 2.5 cups water
- Dinner: pasta salad, 4 cups water
- Snack 1: handful M&Ms
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- bathing both dogs

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: cold extremities, exhaustion, lightheadedness, arrhythmia, pounding heart, aches, nausea, headache/migraine

Misc:

No comments:

Post a Comment