After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Compressed Tuesday

Got up early this morning and went to a medical supply place that can get my compression stockings! They're going to call me once they place the order. I'm looking forward to seeing how I feel with them and if they help me!

Amount of sleep:
5-6 hours

Diet:
- Breakfast: one banana cocoa muffin, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: mac and cheese, 1.5 cups dr. pepper
- Dinner: fresh veggie pizza, 3 cups water
- Snack 1: handful M&Ms, 2 cups water
- Snack 2: homemade doughnuts, 2 cups water


Exercise/activities:
- errands

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: headache, hand/feet numbness, heat intolerance, shakes, weakness

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment