After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fatigue and Being Stubborn

Today started innocently enough; I got up, took the dogs for a walk and managed to go out to a local craft store and the grocery store with my sister.
Halfway through grocery shopping, I just could not do anymore.
I was so tired, and everything ached so badly that all I wanted to do was head home.
I went home, ate my lunch, and sat down to read.

Even now, I'm so tired I can barely move. Lifting my arms is a struggle and my whole body feels tingly like it fell "asleep" and is now on pins and needles.
It's taking all of my will power not to jump into bed and stay there.
(I refuse to give in.)

Amount of sleep:
6 ish hours

Diet:
- Breakfast: nutella on bread, 3 cups water
- Lunch: bologna sandwich, handful potato chips, nectarine, 2.5 cups water
- Dinner: homemade fresh veggie pizza, 3.5 cups water
- Snack 1: 3 cups Dr. Pepper (over the course of the whole day)
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- two walks (one with each dog)

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: cold extremities, exhaustion, aches, nausea, headache, light headed, trembles, pounding heart, anxiety

Misc:

No comments:

Post a Comment