After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How do these things work?

So. I tried my compression stockings on today.
Correction: I tried to get my compression stockings on today.
I couldn't do it. They are so tight that I couldn't even get my foot into foot part, and I couldn't get the rest of it on past my calf. Then, I couldn't get the damn things off either...so I sat on my bed and yelled out of frustration.
Finally, I ripped the horrible things off and cursed at them.
I'll make another attempt later or tomorrow.

Amount of sleep:
about 6 hours

Diet:
- Breakfast: slice of bread with nutella, 1.5 cups water
- Lunch: salami sandwich wrap, 1 cup dr. pepper, 1 cup water
- Dinner: steak with roasted potatoes, 2 cups water
- Snack 1: fruit puree, 1.5 cup tea
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- not much; very rough POTS day; probably due to the weather

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced: (May be skewed from the testing obviously)
so far: headache, nausea, weakness, exhaustion, dizziness, heat intolerance, arrhythmia, pounding heart

Misc:
- super humid, pouring rain

No comments:

Post a Comment