After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nervous Wednesday

Getting nervous about some testing I'm having tomorrow so my eating habits are a bit wonky. (Tomorrow they'll be even worse.) Looking forward to being done!
I also threw out my back yesterday so I'm on light duty. Thankfully today it's a bit better, but I'm taking it easy just in case.


Amount of sleep:
about 7 hours. Had a rough night of sleeping so when my alarm went off I rolled over and went back to bed.

Diet:
- Breakfast: two banana cocoa muffin, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: bacon, cheddar and scallion scones, 2 cups water
- Dinner: herby salmon, rice
- Snack 1: 1 cup dr. pepper
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- none

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: headache, nausea, hand/feet numbness, heat intolerance, shakes, weakness, vision problems, dizziness, spots in front of my eyes :(

Misc:
- raining all day; very muggy

No comments:

Post a Comment