After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, January 10, 2011

*sigh*

Some days it feels like I'm just never going to get out of this hole.

I'm still waiting on the results of my CT (not surprising, the surgeon is only in the office Tuesdays and Thursdays, the other days he's doing surgeries lol) and the last 4 days have wreaked havoc on my health/ mental well being.

I was sick for several days from the dye/ contract (turns out that wasn't that much of a better choice) so I lost any potential weight gain then.

Plus, my grandpa was sent to the hospital on Saturday and they were almost positive he would die. Since then, it's been an up and down road causing a lot of tears (obviously) and anxiety. Both of which are not constructive to eating, although I tried my best. (He's stable at the moment but has heart and kidney failure.)

I'm starting to seriously suspect depression has fully set in though, who knows. All I know is that I'm tired of trying and have no desire to continue to anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment