After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

good and bad news

Good News: Today I got a call from the hospital to get all my pre-testing 'paperwork' done. They got most of my file filled out so hopefully Friday's "Pre-Admissions Testing" will be shorter than the 2 hours they've told me to prepare for.

Bad News: This morning my family and I got the call that my grandpa died overnight. He passed around 4:30am. It came as quite a shock because he had made a full recovery from being in the hospital a few weeks ago. The nurses said that he was in better shape than he was before he even went into the nursing home (and he was healthy then). Thankfully, he wasn't alone.

We're hoping that once he's cremated that they'll bring him up from Florida for a memorial service with our family.

He will be greatly missed. He was a kind, sweet and wonderful man that we all loved very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment