After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

interesting info

My boyfriend was kind enough to ask his cousin how his appendectomy went, so I could have a better idea of what to expect with mine. His was also done laproscopically so my recovery should be similar.

His cousin said that the surgery is nothing, and that he woke up feeling decent (no nausea or anesthetic complications...which is what I was worried about) and was able to go home the same day. He also said the recovery wasn't that bad pain wise.

The snag? He was told he couldn't lift or do anything for a week. The maximum weight you can lift is 2lbs. Can't even lift a laptop or a full single serve pop. Can't go upstairs (which I already knew) either.

My boyfriend was somewhat nervous to share that with me because I haven't spent a single DAY doing nothing, let alone a whole week. What the hell am I going to do with myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment