After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Overall dinner was okay.

Turns out, the curse continued unfortunately. Halfway through the longest dinner in my life, I got awful stomach cramps. So I ate half of my dinner and we got our desserts to go. Thankfully, it didn't turn out to be anything worse (although my appendix hurt afterward...I really hope it's not that) and we played some Harry Potter Clue, Scattegories and watched some HP6 all while in our PJs/Sweats. Then we had some sparkling cranberry juice for midnight.

Not exactly how I wanted 2010 to end, seeing as I wanted my steak and my dessert, I just couldn't stomach it (although I tried!) Although, it almost makes me laugh how fitting it was to end that awful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment