After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, January 28, 2011

One step closer...

This morning was my appointment for my pre-Admissions Testing. They took blood and gave me a physical to see how I'll do with having surgery. They also gave me instruction sheets for pre- and post-surgery.

I'm not even nervous anymore. My side is becoming increasingly uncomfortable; and, because of the low level infection in my appendix/colon, it's been making me have digestive trouble also. Which is disheartening because I'd been doing so well. It's forced me to drop some of the weight I've worked very hard to put back on after being in the hospital in December. (Although, I'm sure some of it is depression related too over my Grandpa's death.)

Let's just get it over with already.

No comments:

Post a Comment