After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

CT tomorrow

Tomorrow (finally) is my CT scan to check my appendix- not looking forward to it.

I don't know which is worse...having my test come back positive and having to go through the whole ER experience all over again, or having it come back negative which means that the whole ordeal was a huge waste of time.

I know it probably sounds stupid, but I'm hoping it comes back positive and I have my appendix removed outpatient. That way, I don't have to worry about having to go through this ever again.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment