After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Saturday, January 8, 2011

CT: Complete

Well, the CT is over with.

This time was better and worse lol

When I went in this time, I went and asked if I really, absolutely HAD to drink barium (the last time they make me take two drinks.) The last few times I've had the barium cocktail, it's made me violently ill. Most people, it makes them severely constipated...for me, it goes violently the other way.

Thankfully, they came back and said I didn't have to had that, I could just drink a lot of the second drink (a different dye contrast). So, that's what I did. For the most part, it went better. My stomach's off today but that could be the orange juice I had to drink the contrast in lol. (IBS + OJ = bad anyways.)

The test was okay. CT dye is awful. It makes if feel like your brain is boiling for a minute before it passes. It's not the worst test you can have, but it sucks lol

So, now we'll wait and see what the doctor says next week when they get the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment