After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summery Saturday.

Ran a couple of errands today, and I'm pleased with that.
The rest of the day was spent in true summer fashion: a few minutes in the pool and grilling food.We tried a new recipe using a pepper picked from my own garden, but unfortunately the recipe wasn't very good.
(Moreso, wasn't our taste; too sweet.)

Amount of sleep:
about six hours

Diet:
- Breakfast: bowl of rice krispies, 1 cup lactaid, 2.5 cups water
- Lunch: grilled italian sausage, 3 cups water
- Dinner: steak with potato salad- both homemade with a new recipe, not very good unfortunately...but we were bound to come across a bad recipe. 2 cups water
- Snack 1: starbucks mocha
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- errands

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: difficulty breathing, arrhythmia, cold extremities, aches, tingling/numbness, headache, heart pounding, heat intolerance

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment