After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, July 8, 2011

Quit yer Bitchin'

Warning: This entry is about to be unkind.
Today the weather is brutal and my POTS symptoms are out of control. I couldn't even stay up to shower, and when I could I near passed out after taking the stupid shower. Both my hand and my foot on the right side are purple, my hearts pounding out of my chest, and I'm gasping for air. I'm hiding in my house praying the a/c will at least help me breathe. I'm a bit miserable.

Which brings me to this entry.

I am SO sick of people complaining about things that are totally stupid and ridiculous. Whenever I see someone on facebook say "omg I have the worst paper cut ever" I just want to punch them in the face. Or when they complain about something that's entirely their fault ("ugh feeling so sick and hungover") Do you know what happens to me if I have half of a single drink? I'm sicker than a dog and you expect sympathy for downing 20 beers and forcing yourself to be sick? Not going to happen. Or when people complain about being caught doing something illegal and having to actually pay for their mistakes. ("I don't understand why so-and-so doesn't trust me") I'm over here unable to use the bathroom for crying out loud and you're pissing your life away with that and then expect me to feel sorry for you? No, I won't.

Don't get me wrong, I understand people need to vent sometimes, and I can be a complainer (I try to keep it here and away from "real life" and others.) but I'm not complaining about something that's my fault, or some stupid decision that I made, or a PAPER CUT.

I just want to shake these people, knock their heads together and tell them to shut the hell up. They have no appreciation for just how good they really have it and sometimes it makes me so angry I could scream. I wish I could trade lives with them for just one day and help them get some perspective on things.

You have no idea just how lucky you are.
So, for cryin' out loud- shut up, count your blessings and quit your bitchin'.

(Note: This obviously doesn't apply to everyone; just a select few who seem to think that a sniffle should be front page news and that their own stupidity is something they should get sympathy for when some people have REAL problems.)

No comments:

Post a Comment