After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

back to logging...

I'm working my way back into daily logging; and, because I've had the stomach flu for over a week, I'm also working my way back to eating.


Amount of sleep:
about seven hours

Diet:
- Breakfast: 2 slices cinnamon bread, half granny smith apple, 1.5 cups water
- Lunch: slice of pepperoni pizza, 2.5 cups lime fizz (kindly made by my sister)
- Dinner: fresh veggie and ranch pizza
- Snack 1:
- Snack 2:


Exercise/activities:
- got up early and took a walk in the park

P.O.T.S. symptoms experienced:
so far: headache, upset stomach (lower), difficulty breathing, arrhythmia, cold extremities, aches

Misc:
-

No comments:

Post a Comment