After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

day 9

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350 cal)
Lunch: salami sandwich, slice of pepperjack cheese, glass of v8 fusion cranberry/blackberry juice with benefiber. (425 c)
Extra: hershey almond kisses (150c)
Dinner: steak, french fries with "bacon" (400c)
Snack: Ensure Plus (350 c)

Exercise: done

Total Calorie Count: 1675. cutting it close today. i don't feel that great, i think it's the grape juice striking again. well, there went my hope for that lol

*news* i will be going to the cardiologist on june 15th- that's the soonest they could get me in. i'm not looking forward to being tested for a heart condition- but everything really seems to fit, and if that's the case then one pill will make me feel better than i have in years.

just a random annoyance...i don't get why they throw grape juice into every juice they make- i don't want to drink grape juice (often it doesn't agree with me anyway)- i bought cranberry/blackberry juice so keep the apple and grape juice out of it! it's part of the reason i have such a hard time adding fruits and vegetables into my diet (along with IBS). grape juice is bad, and even when you buy non-grape juice it's in there- what the hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment