After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, April 22, 2010

day 3

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350 cal)
Lunch: baked potato, sour cream, butter, shredded cheddar cheese, and "bacon" bits (465 cal) and cherry coke zero- no calories so not the greatest choice, but i needed the caffeine to get rid of a killer migraine lol
Snack: hershey eggs (8 pieces, 170 cal)
Extra: fresh strawberries (40 cal), bottle water
Dinner: toast with nutella (600 cals)
Snack: pasta (~100c), ensure plus (350c)

Exercise: done. just arms and abs today. my body's still pretty weighted down and crappy from the barium

Total Calorie Count: 2075 (what a fatty!)

thank god i woke up feeling better this morning. yesterday was just awful! my stomach still felt iffy, but i worked through it.

not the greatest diet day...but sometimes you have to go with eating whatever you have a taste for. i want to get some VFusion so it's another serving of a fruit and a veggie to mix my fiber in. i normally can't have more than a serving per day of each (because of IBS) but i'll give it a shot

2 comments:

  1. you are not a fatty!!! you're trying to gain weight! lol having some days were you're able to eat a decent amount of calories is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i know i'm not- just is a lot for me. normally i'm pushing it to hit 1800! lol

    ReplyDelete