After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

and so it begins...

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350 cal)
Lunch: pasta, green olives, italian dressing, and cauliflower (~330 calories rounded), bottle of water
Snack: hershey eggs (16 pieces= 340 calories- yikes! good thing i need it)
Extra: Glass of Ginger Ale (150 calories)
Dinner: Homemade french bread mini pizzas with turkey pepperoni and italian cheese blend (~300 calories), another bottle of water
Snack: Ensure Plus (350 cal)

Exercise: Done. A light 10 minute work out to try to increase hunger and help get me ready for the beach this summer! (-80 calories)

Starting Weight: 95 lbs

Total Calorie Count: 1820 calories (give or take)...which balances out to 1740 for the day (I need a minimum of 1650)

No comments:

Post a Comment